Submit your resume
The individual filing this role will set a strong tone of operational, technical, and management excellence, as well as lead by example through day-to-day technical and operational execution. The VP-E is expected to have a proven track record of leading hardware and software development teams through complex projects leveraging a mix of internal and outside resources. Align staff, technology roadmap commitments, and project budgets to the business roadmap to efficiently deliver solutions of the highest quality which address market opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and direct the development of new hardware and software products and/or product enhancements.
- Ensure projects are completed and properly documented according to product specifications, time lines, and corporate quality standards.
- Ensure that product meets established long-range goals.
- Evaluate, develop and implement design improvements and new design concepts.
- Secure appropriate level of technical review support for project documentation.
- Direct development efforts with third party vendors and/or the integration of third party vendors.
- Evaluate new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within company products.
- Work closely with Design and Architecture teams to improve products, quality, and processes.
- Present ideas directly and confidently to technical and non-technical internal staff and external clients in business-friendly language.
- Align staff to meet increased productivity and align to rapid product evolution through team structure, retention, and recruiting.
- Direct project involvement and leadership of projects.
- Knowledge of enterprise software environments.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflicts and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity. Develop a cohesive, supportive working environment enabling each employee and the department to succeed.
- Directly supervises employees within the Engineering and R&D functions.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering or Computer Science; advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of technical experience in research and development of wireless technology, with 5 years of experience in development management.
- Strong passion for development and a great desire to ensure the atmosphere and culture is energetic.
- High level of expertise in hardware and software product design and implementation.
- Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, presentation, human relations, and organizational skills.
- Technical and comprehensive knowledge of broad business areas.
- Strong integrity and highly reliable leader.
- Ability to assess, prioritize, delegate, and tract concurrent tasks in an effective and organized manor.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Cost Consciousness – Looks for cost savings opportunities; Conserves organizational resources.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Visionary Leadership – Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.