Submit your resume
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering (Electrical, Computer Science, or related Engineering subjects)
- Experience in system / software development process lifecycles and tools, including requirements management and configuration management tools.
- Experience with full life cycle development of embedded software and programming in C/C++ is preferable.
- Experience with System Engineering design and analysis and various microcontrollers architectures and embedded software tools.
- Experience with C/C++, QNX, and Assembly language experience is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of Industry standards (IEEE, EPRI, NQA) and how they apply to specific V&V activity.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency using system / software development tools and to architect system / software solutions
- Understand and debug low level hardware/software integration and define system, software and hardware performance requirements for specific system solutions.
- Ability to apply knowledge, skills, and analytical methods to ensure system reliability and optimized performance
- Maintain an excellent work ethic and is proficient in both written and verbal communications
- Collaborate with a multi-discipline team to define the requirements interfaces between system application, hardware components, microcontrollers and software, and the operational performance requirements of the integrated system.
- Understand and perform verification evaluations and analysis of safety system / software requirements, design, implementation and testing.
- Develop the high level architecture through functional analysis and allocation of requirements, concept development and selection.
- Perform all aspects of system / software testing including, development of test plans, test design, develop test cases, write test procedures and be able to execute system / software test.
- Work closely with the application engineers and software development team to select the development and testing methodology and tools that meet the system and software requirements and comply with the enterprise and industry level processes and standards.
- Work closely with the application engineers and software research & development team to develop system, software, hardware test plans. Use SiL, MiL and HiL methods and tools as applicable for system validation and integration testing.
- Develop, deploy, and continually improve software processes and architectures, based on applicable standards and methodologies.
- Guidance and tracking of software development through the V&V lifecycle. Preparation of reports for each V&V lifecycle task describing the V&V task performed and the conclusions of the task and create the overall summary report summarizing all V&V tasks completed including tasks that were performed by others.
- Participate in technical reviews of the system / software to support development process and ensure technical integrity of system / software deliverables.
- Participate in end-product development activities by contributing ideas, concerns, risk analysis and mitigation as required.
- Participates in end-product design reviews associated with each product development phase including system level reviews and FMEA’s.
- Participate in end-product team meetings to communicate system / software development status.
We specialize in the design and construction of digital control systems for a variety of power and industrial applications. Based on sound technological advancements, we supply our customers with an array of advanced control hardware, software applications, and support services that offer distributed intelligence and information management for the most reliable process control solutions. With over five decades of innovation and manufacturing of control systems in hundreds of installations around the world, our coverage is strengthened by our experienced field service faculty, robust technical support, and extensive training capabilities.
We are currently seeking an individual who can take on the role of our V&V Engineer. This individual will work in a development team as well as V&V environment, so a positive attitude and teamwork spirit is an essential. This position requires an individual with quality experience in system development for real time embedded systems and familiarity with developing control system software and hardware.