Submit your resume
Performs engineering work with a focus on transmission line design including both civil and electrical practices. Requires knowledge of transmission systems from 34.5kV to 500kV with familiarity with basic principles related to line design and practices related to this specialization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Employee may be called upon to perform any or all of the following functions:
- Generate cost effective design for high voltage electrical transmission lines
- Represent the Engineering department and participate in inter-department meetings
- Attend meetings with customers as needed to support the Sales department and the engineers
- Monitor team progress and activities to ensure projects remain on schedule, within budget and exceed customer expectations
- Able to perform transmission line engineering work independently
- Balance innovation and standardization of work processes
- Project Engineer level individuals will ensure that projects meet quality and schedule objectives
- Travel out of town for short periods of time as required by assignments
- Other duties as required
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degrees, from an accredited university. Experience in transmission line design; successful candidates will have at least 3 years; experience in transmission line design with more senior level positions requiring 7 years or more in hands on design. Senior level applicants must be a licensed professional engineer with ability to become licensed in multiple states or must be able to gain license within one year of hire.
- Experience in preparing cost effective designs in an EPC environment
- Knowledge and understanding of transmission engineering, including routing issues, conductor selection, structure determination, plan and profile development, material takeoffs, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of structure and foundation design
- Knowledge of common engineering application software, particularly such tools as PLS-CADD
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering standards including NESC, IEEE, ASCE, ACI and ANSI that apply to transmission design
- Extensive knowledge of design documents and drawings necessary to complete a project
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Company provides competitive compensation and benefits package. The Company provides life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long term disability insurance and an employee assistance plan at no cost to the employee. Benefit offerings also include a choice of traditional PPO or one of two HDHPs, with corresponding FSA or HSA, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance, short-term disability insurance, critical illness insurance, group accident insurance, hospital indemnity insurance, a 401(k) with immediate vesting, and more.
Must be at least 18 years of age and legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.