Submit your resume
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Lead Software Test Engineer to join our dynamic team in San Diego, California.
In this role, you will have overall responsibility for managing the evaluation, recommendation and implementation of testing procedures and strategies for software, products, systems and solutions in the Telematics, IoT and Full Stack spaces. This is a hands-on role working with complex hardware and software systems. The Lead Software Test Engineer will also have the responsibility of managing a team of high performing intermediate and experienced professionals in Test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide overall direction to the test engineering team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
· Lead the conceptualization, development, and implementation of system test platforms for testing software and systems for satellite/cellular modem products and full stack software solutions.
· Develop and maintains the test process, software tools and workflow for test engineering. · Provide support for hardware and software integration and regulatory testing.
· Develop test strategies, generates test plans, and manages test execution of testing tasks to support the development of custom software, systems, and products.
· Develop test automation software for IoT products and full stack software solutions. · Develop the roadmap for test automation software and infrastructure.
· Responsible for handling all aspects of testing including design validation, maintenance, and generation of test automation software, developing documentation for testing, and providing reports to engineering, business and other functional groups of the company.
· Act as a liaison to other engineering functions.
· Mentor members of the team in software development, testing methods, and root cause analysis.
· Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering plus 8+ years of experience.
· Expertise in Embedded software and Linux OS.
· Strong programming skills with experience in C, C++, shell scripts, python and related programming languages.
· Experience with RF, networking and hardware analysis tools (i.e. oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, function generator, etc.).
· Experience in building testing frameworks, tools and automation.
· Experience with modern software work flow (Requirements, Test Planning, Test Execution, Rework, Deployment, CI/CD).
· Experience with modern software development tool set (i.e. Jira, Confluence, XRay, Test Case Management, Traceability Matrix, or similar).
· Strong leadership skills to drive innovation and creation of new technologies
· Direct experience in testing satellite, cellular and/or networking products in the past is a plus.