Submit your resume
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for providing application support and related pre and post sales activities to the company's customers, sales organization, engineering, and manufacturing teams. Technical Support Specialist works from the Company's office in Huntington Beach, Ca or his home address anywhere in the US and reports directly to the Plant Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide our customers with application development, training, instrument support, and basic trouble shooting
- Provide installation and training to customers, distributors, and regional sales teams
- Provide pre-sales support to sales team by suggesting product configurations to be quoted
- Engage and set-up meetings with potential customers
- Work closely with product management and development on new product opportunities
- Work closely with the sales team in new business efforts including solution/development
- Document non-destructive testing (NDT) methods, processes/applications, or results as an application
- Acting as a subject matter expert on the company's product portfolio
- Prepare end-user manuals and tutorial/button-by-button Training PowerPoint Presentations
- Create technical content for marketing campaigns, social media posts and website
- Generate and present detailed proposals to the client, either personally or with the assistance of technical colleagues
- Study new product descriptions, participate in educational opportunities, and observe market trends to continue to grow relevant knowledge base and assist internal teams in doing the same
- Test sales and trade show demo equipment and confirm completeness
- Define customized application solutions for key customers / accounts in writing to sales for quoting purposes
- Performing other duties as assigned
- 5+ years' experience in performing Ultrasonic NDT inspections
- Knowledge of composite inspections and ultrasonic transducers is a strong plus
- High School Diploma, Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Communication: Identifies and presents information or data that will have a strong effect on others. Selects language and examples tailored to the level and experience of the audience.
- Results oriented; Exerts unusual effort over time to achieve a goal.
- Critical thinking; Makes systematic comparison of two or more alternatives. Notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information. Approaches a complex task or problem by breaking it down.
- Highly Adaptable; Possesses an uncanny ability to quickly learn new skills and methodologies as required by the project/task at hand.
- Teamwork; Listens and responds constructively to other's ideas. Offers support for others' ideas and proposals. Shares his/her expertise with others.
- Competent with MS Office; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.