Submit your resume
"*" indicates required fields
In this role, we will ask you to:
- Serve as a patient / customer advocate in helping us realize our vision for delivering game-changing products that are safe & effective, easy to use, not prone to use error, and provide user satisfaction.
- Support product management and product engineering personnel in establishing ergonomic, human factors (HF), and usability-related requirements for new products and product line extensions.
- Implement a variety of HFE research methods, such as task analysis, PCA, time/motion study, user preference studies, ethnographic research, heuristic analysis, root cause analysis and usability testing.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to in- form design decisions and risk analyses.
- Contribute to user interface designs by providing heuristic design guidance, ideas, and feed- back to project teams.
- Support documentation review and development, including but not limited to risk analyses, user/environment profiles, task analyses, use specifications and human factors engineering reports to support regulatory filings.
- Draft uFMEAs; collaborating with systems engineering in identifying intended users and use environments, as well as potential use-related hazards; determine product use cases and identify critical user tasks.
- Analyze complaints from on-market products for usability-related issues.
- Be flexible with a range of product interfaces from software GUIs, hardware/fluid connectors to workstations.
- Represent the human factors/usability engineering function on core teams for small to large sized projects.
- Collaborate with internal & external parties in planning, structuring, recruiting for, and executing formative and summative usability evaluations.
- Have a working knowledge of the implementation of all relevant HF & usability-related standards and guidance documents (ANSI/AAMI/ISO 14971, AAMI/ANSI HE75, ANSI/AAMI/IEC 62366, IEC 60601, FDA, etc.).
- Strive to balance strategic planning and tactical execution.
- Work with team members to resolve conflicts among resources and between clients and engineering teams.
- Remain apprised of the progress of certain projects, paying particular attention to any developing problems, and participate in major problem resolutions. Keep all privileged information private and confidential.
- Be proficient in the latest version of SolidWorks CAD package, Microsoft, and Google products.
- Travel as-needed (valid driver’s license and vehicle required).
Pay Range: 100-130K