Submit your resume
"*" indicates required fields
Seeking a highly motived Senior Electrical Engineer to join the electrical engineering team in San Diego, CA, designing state-of-the-art medical devices and robotic systems. This position will collaborate with cross-functional teams including R&D, mechanical engineering, software development, and quality assurance to ensure seamless integration of electrical components and systems.
Pay Range: 95-135K
- Lead technical projects from concept to commercialization, including designing, prototyping, testing, and implementing electrical systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including mechanical engineers, software engineers, and regulatory specialists, to ensure that electrical systems meet safety and performance requirements.
- Create schematics and bill of materials and oversee the layout of these designs.
- Support regulatory submissions and approvals, including preparing technical documents and participating in regulatory agency audits.
- Debug and troubleshoot complex electrical systems and implement solutions to improve reliability and performance.
- Communicate technical risks and solutions to program management.
- Work with business development to create estimates for new and existing projects.
- Lead and participate in design reviews.
- Collaborate with external partners, suppliers, and contract manufacturers to ensure successful product development and manufacturing processes.
- Mentor and provide technical support to junior engineers.
- Communicate issues and solutions to both internal and external customers.
- Develop cabling harnesses.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or a related field with 5-10 years of experience.
- Expertise in analog and digital circuit design, power electronics, microcontrollers, motors, sensors, and wireless communication protocols. Knowledge of battery technologies is a plus.
- Proficiency in PCB design tools (e.g., Altium Designer, Cadence Allegro, OrCAD) and circuit simulation software (e.g., SPICE).
- Experience in medical and life sciences with 60601 and/or 61010 is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot and debug electronic circuits.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment.