Submit your resume
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Confers with engineering and technical staff regarding fabrication and testing of prototype systems, and modifies design as required.
- Work in the laboratory to assist with development of nomograms for the light adjustable lens.
- Design and commercialize new products based on light adjustable materials technology.
- Ensure that all laboratory equipment is properly maintained and calibrated
- Modify hardware equipment as needed
- Design and build test and manufacturing fixtures as needed.
- Must be willing to work in the laboratory 100% of the time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Theoretical and working knowledge of interferometric optical testing.
- General knowledge of optical aberration theory and its application to the design and analysis of optical components.
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience with general optical testing techniques (e.g., MTF, ROC, etc.)
- Experience with designing, engineering, fabrication, and alignment of optical systems.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge base and skills sets.
- Proficient with data analysis tools such as Matlab, MathCAD, or MAPLE.
- Written Communication – Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and TRAINING:
- Successful candidates must have either a MS or BS degree (with 5+ years experience) in optics, optical engineering, Physics, Chemistry or a related field.