Quality Receiving Inspector
| SUMMARY OF POSITION:
| The Receiving Inspector is responsible for inspecting mechanical and electromechanical components, piece parts, assemblies, and sub-assemblies using precision measuring tools and electronic instruments to verify conformance to Customers P.O. Requirements, Manufacturing Drawings, Etc.
| Key Performance Indictors: List two to five measurable tasks that are key to indicating the performance level in this role:
- Receives and inspects metal finishes such as CARC Paint, Gold, Zinc, Anodizing or other finishes in accordance with controlling specifications.
- Set up and operate test equipment utilizing electrical devices, and other types of gages and testing equipment necessary for inspection.
- Stamp or approve acceptable work or prepare paperwork as required for Outside or Internal Processing.
- Identify nonconformance and create paperwork for Engineering Evaluation of discrepancies using the Non-Conforming Material Review system.
- Ensures the history of the inspection process is kept up to date by properly maintaining inspection records and history on fabricated and purchased parts.
- Receiving Inspector may also be required to perform in process and final inspection as workloads require.
| Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be familiar with the requirements of AS9100 Quality Management System, and capable of completing AS9102 1st article inspection reports in their entirety.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of inspection methods, shop math, and be proficient with instruments and gauges used in mechanical inspection to verify conformance of purchased or manufactured product to Specification Requirements
- Experience with standard inspection tools such as Micrometers, Calipers, Height Gauges, Plug and Ring thread gages, V-Blocks, Optical Comparators, Smart Scope, Surface Plate (set up and inspect), and X-Ray fluorescence machines for plating thickness measurement.
- Must be knowledgeable and proficient in the use of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing based upon ANSI Y14.5M practices.
- Must be proficient in reading and communicating in the English language.
- Must have experience with ERP systems.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Two year certificate from college or technical school; with a minimum of three (3) years of related experience and/or training; or a High School diploma or GED Certificate and a minimum of five (5) years of
Frequent: Handle, manual dexterity, lift 5-49 lbs., reach, stand, stoop, and walk. Use personal protective equipment.
Required : Close vision, color, and depth perception.
- Familiarity with Aerospace plating and processing standards, such as standards for anodizing, chem.-film, passivation, chrome plating, silver plating, etc.
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook desired.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State