Submit your resume
"*" indicates required fields
This position serves as the technical leader and focal point within the organization for assigned pump models. It relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals and perform a variety of tasks. Your primary responsibility will be for the mechanical designs of industrial centrifugal type (overhung impeller) chemical/slurry pumps and the practical application of design tools and analysis codes in their design, performance, and operation. This position is fully responsible for developing and maintaining the assigned pump products and designs. A practical working knowledge of pump design/hardware is required.
Pump testing support and data analysis, design creation/revision/reviews, technical resolution of manufacturing, assembly and performance issues, presentations to management, mentoring, and more.
- Clean-sheet new pump design and existing legacy re-design support including analytical evaluation, solid model creation and releasing manufacturing drawings.
- Review requirements from customers, analytical analysis, manufacturing, etc. to ensure that applicable requirements are flowed into the detailed pump designs.
- Establish design standards, perform, and review hydraulic analyses and mechanical analyses on pump components/systems, and consult on design of pump components for manufacturing.
- Recommend material selections based on the customer’s operating environment and difficult applications. Create and maintain standard bills of materials for the pumps.
- Create pump testing plans. Review test results for quality and performance; and recommend changes to pump specifications, as necessary.
- Sustain existing pump product lines. Ensure drawings and documentation accuracy and thoroughness, Support field service in troubleshooting problems as needed; and determine requirements for used pumps returned for refurbishment and rebuilding.
- Engineering for new product development, product line extensions or enhancements, and product cost management.
- Manage projects and assignments aligned with overall department objectives of the department. Successfully achieve objectives for pump designs, reliability, mechanical/hydraulic performance, and documentation. Meet specifications and project schedules.
- Collaborate with engineering peers, Sales, Manufacturing and Quality groups to ensure program requirements and schedules are met. Support sales orders and quote requests. Ensure Engineering department compliance to the Quality Management System (ISO 9001).
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Must have working knowledge of pumps, pump operating parameters, flow, head, NPSH etc. Credible experience in pump engineering, assembly, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Experience in a machine shop environment with manufacturing operations and technology. Experience with cast machinery components, casting and fabrication methodologies. Able to resolve component manufacturing issues, support QA and address manufacturing defects.
- Strong solid modeling background and practical experience. SolidWorks preferred. Finite element analysis (FEA) experience with SolidWorks preferred.
- Strong leadership, written and verbal communication skills, and people skills. Team-oriented, experience working with senior management, and with cross-functional teams. Willing to mentor and coach less experienced peer engineers and oversee/review their work outputs.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, critical thinking and negotiation skills. Able to conduct root cause analyses of complex problems, and exercise judgement to determine appropriate actions.
- Excellent organizational, project management (PM) and time management skills. Attention to detail. Able to organize and prioritize workload. A successful track record of PM. Results-oriented and able to work efficiently, complete tasks on schedule, respond with a sense of urgency, and drive issues to closure. Lead projects from concept through design, validation, and testing.
- Excellent computer skills. Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Training/working knowledge in ASME Y14.1 and geometric dimensioning & tolerancing (GD&T).
- Hydraulic, mechanical, and structural designs/analyses, applications engineering, project management, and product management. Practical experience using the CFturbo hydraulic design package or similar is a plus.
- Working knowledge of the ASME B73.1 horizontal end suction centrifugal pumps spec is a plus.
- Use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- P.E. certification is a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering. 5+ years of relevant centrifugal pump engineering and hardware design experience in a pump engineering and manufacturing company is required