Submit your resume
"*" indicates required fields
Buena Park, CA
The main purpose of this position is to support all Company efforts regarding physical testing and analysis. This position requires a person that is meticulous and pays attention to detail. Interacts with Engineering, Quality, Sales, Production Control and Manufacturing. This position will also be responsible for IMDS (International Material Data System) reporting and new internal material qualifications.
- Lab testing and analysis of customer supplied parts including complete Material Identification
- Testing and verification of extruded products to the design specifications as required:
o Mechanical testing including tensile strength, yield strength, elongation, etc…
o Insert/Extract, Bulb Compression, Color and Gloss, Life cycle testing
o Oven age / Freezer testing
o Tape testing – 90 deg peel, tensile, etc…troubleshoots existing and new compound applications.
o Glue bond testing – troubleshoots existing cyanoacrylate glue bond issues, and new vendor validation.
- Material Qualifications – Testing of rubber compounds as required
- Drawings backup for the Engineering Dept using Solidworks.
- Testing on customer supplied frames, boxes, doors, windows, etc…
o Clay Testing, Water Leak testing, Mockup testing using existing products
- Provide recommendation(s) on new test methods as required including fixture design. Consult with Machine
shop for all fixture design and fabrication.
- CCR's (customer complaint returns) – assist with review, testing and analysis of customer returned product.
Investigation, root cause analysis and customer claim validation (limited to materials).
- Manage Color Standards and testing
- Maintain all lab equipment
- Make and record observations, document results and write report
- Manage Test Report Log file; R&D area
- IMDS reporting (Int'l Material Data System)
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- of actual job experience in a professional work/engineering environment. No exceptions.
- Proficiency in 3D solid modeling/2D drafting CAD software: Solidwors
- Microsoft Office – Excel, Access and creation of spreadsheets and charts
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and tolerances.
- Ability to read a tape measure and basic use of hand tools.
- Good theoretical and practical knowledge of design and mechanical engineering concepts
- Problem solving capability
- Knowledge of ASTM test methods
- Ability to work and under pressure in a fat paced team environment
- Ability to
- Possess a go-getter, take charge type of attitude.
- Have excellent organization skills
- Strong work ethic with experience in communicating (verbal & written) across various functional departments
(Quality, Sales, Mfg, etc…)
- Must possess excellent people skills.
BS in Mechanical Engineering
3 to 5 years
- Engineering/Technical degree.
- Knowledge of the extrusion process (rubber and/or plastic) a plus
- Knowledge of plastic materials a plus
- Knowledge of compression set materials, rubber compounds a plus
- Knowledge of FMEA, DOE (Design of Experiment) methods and process capability studies
- Knowledge and experience with use of lab equipment such as tensile tester, Shore hardness scales, Specific
gravity and color and gloss meters, vertical injection molding press and oven/freezer.
- Bilingual – ability to speak Spanish