Submit your resume
The Laser Operator is responsible for operating Lasers and de-nesting parts cut by the laser and metal finishing, identifying, and organizing the laser cut parts in a Just-in-time fabrication shop. This position also may be required to assist other operators as a helper on key work or machines as required. The ability to read blueprints/shop drawings is critical to this individual’s success.
Duties and Responsibilities
Perform setups and operations on Mitsubishi CO2.
Check material thickness for accuracy and load material into laser stocker.
De-nest and remove laser oxide from parts.
Perform assigned work to time standards and quality expectations.
Identify and solve machine alignment and cut condition problems.
Troubleshoot minor program errors independently.
- Apply basic understanding of G and M code.
- Safely operate a forklift to handle materials and complete work.
- Make routine decisions and use problem solving to resolve basic manufacturing issues.
- Report and document basic material, production, and quality control issues.
- Participate in equipment preventative maintenance at the operator level.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Strong Laser or CNC operating background.
- Competent at basic dimensional measuring and able to quickly learn the use of precision measurement tools.
- Ability to understand/apply knowledge of “G and “M codes and have applicable computer skills.
- Demonstrated blueprint reading capability, and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to efficiently work in a team and coordinate work with other departments.
- Aptitude to take orders and execute the same efficiently
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self-motivation skills and ability to multi-task
Education and/or Experience:
- A High School diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Previous experience working within a highly technical environment
- Previous Laser Experience.