Submit your resume
"*" indicates required fields
This position inspects manufactured products to ensure compliance with contract specifications. Work involves incoming, First Article, in process and final inspection of products. Strong understanding of metal fabrication processes (i.e. sheet metal and machining) and weld inspection criteria. Familiarity and experience of IPC-610 inspection processes for printed circuit board assemblies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as required by the Supervisor.
· Perform accurate first article inspections on new parts from suppliers and issue results report.
· Physically scrap material after the Accounting Department removes the material from the inventory database and clear the Oracle parts location of scrapped material.
· Maintain inspection files accuracy.
· Train new inspectors when needed, resolve inspection questions, interact with suppliers.
· Responsible for performing product inspections and/or audits of quality control programs.
· Performs manufacturing inspections, sampling and testing of fabricated components and raw material, using Precision Measuring and Equipment.
· Must be able to read and apply production instructions, drawings, Bills of Material schematics and specifications. Strong knowledge of blueprint reading, geometric tolerance, and finish requirements.
· Facilitate disposition of part rejections with engineers, suppliers, purchasing, and quality.
· Maintain accuracy of inspection files.
· ISO 9001 knowledge a plus.
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED); 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.