Submit your resume
"*" indicates required fields
Your Key Responsibilities
- Successfully manages projects and tasks of a scope, complexity, and revenue budget appropriate to experience.
- Shares knowledge with others by serving as a trainer, mentor, and resource.
- Holds project team members accountable for deliverables.
- Meets technical, contractual, schedule, budgetary and client service objectives for each project.
- Applies strong electrical engineering skills, experience and knowledge to the design and oversight of the design, for building projects.
- Manages and plans the production resources and workflow to produce the design documentation, drawings, and calculations required for electrical engineering projects.
- May periodically act as Quality Control reviewer on projects.
- Effectively delegates work to production support staff.
- Nurtures existing client relationships and proactively pursues opportunities for new business.
- Develops and delivers project related client presentations.
- Maintains and expands current knowledge of technologies and trends, as they apply to the applicable project and market types, and continually strengthens skills.
- Proactively pursues additional knowledge in related disciplines by attending available in house and external training.
- Attends and leads in-house project meetings.
- Actively participates in meetings, initiatives, and projects that support studio and firm-wide goals.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience managing a variety of clients.
- Leading and managing delivery teams; designing Electrical systems for facilities and built environments. Healthcare experience preferred.
- Training and profession.al experience in project management.
- Client consulting experience.
- Understanding and implementation of the principles of project management.
- Ability to manage clients, projects, fee, scope, and teams to achieve budget, schedule and deliverable objectives while meeting key stakeholder critical success factors.
- Fundamental understanding of the current NFPA 72, 99, 101 and 110, California State Building Codes including the State Electrical Code and State Energy Conservation Code. Understanding of codes related to Hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and medical office buildings preferred is preferred but not mandatory.
- Familiarity with, and ability to produce, project-related documents and documentation standards required of a Project Manager.
- Ability to integrate design elements with other disciplines to deliver a coordinated design.
- Deep understanding of electrical and low voltage systems preferred.
- Familiarity with and ability to apply sustainable design principles within projects while maintaining the process driven requirements of healthcare facilities.
- Strong client communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to apply logic, reasoning, and organizational skills to structure concepts and ideas into projects.
- Knowledge and experience to identify and manage items of risk that may occur on projects.
- Knowledge and experience to identify and manage potential unanticipated scope.
- Functional knowledge of BIM software; in particular, Revit MEP.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong working knowledge of electrical simulation tools such as SKM, etap, Agi32, Visual Lighting, and Elum tools.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field plus 5-12 years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated skills. PE license preferred, but not required. Project Management Professional certification, LEED AP credential and familiarity with various construction delivery process, such as Design assist and Design-Build are a plus.