Submit your resume
Project Engineer will support the Project Management Team with the planning and daily execution in the construction of various types of high density residential and mixed use projects. The position will report to the Project Manager and Senior Project Manager. The position's key responsibilities will include, in part, maintaining certain aspects of the project schedule as assigned by the Project Manager, supporting the process of subcontractor requests for information (RFIs) and the supplying of project submittals, subcontractor contract compliance related to the timely supply of information and materials including but not limited to schedule updates, pricing, safety plans and minutes of tailgate meetings, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDA), material samples and requiredsubmittals. The Project Engineer will also be expected to assist in the preparation, updating and distribution of various forms of project meeting agendas, minutes, logs and monthly reports as required.
This position will also be involved with helping the superintendents out in the field. This includes quality control, verifying dimensional layout, assisting with safety, preparing punchlists/follow up with completion, review plans to identify mistakes and inconsistencies, make recommendations to the Project Superintendent regarding project risks including sub/supplier issues, site conditions and logistics. This position will also track availability/shipment status of critical equipment and materials, as well as review contract drawings, specifications and shop drawings to ensure proper coordination and installation.
- Assist in the logging of, controlling and distribution of contract drawings Support the initial set-up of the job management system.
- Assists with the preparation of subcontractor scopes of work, bid package development and distribution and the identification and solicitation of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Support the process of constructability reviews of various forms construction documentation.
Project Start-up, Construction and Close-out
- Assists in the development and implementation of the site utilization plan.
- Assists Project Manager/Superintendent in the review and coordination of the Project Safety and Loss Prevention and Quality Control Program.
- Helps organize and schedule pre-work subcontractor orientation meetings ensuring agendas are prepared and circulated. Documentation is completed for each subcontractor including material deliveries, site specific safety and quality issues.
- Prepares, updates and circulates the submittal and RFI logs. Coordinate, distributes and maintains logs related to the distribution of drawings to subcontractors and the Project Management and Superintendent Teams. Responsible for processing all submittal data and shop drawings to ensure project schedules are expedited and materials are delivered on time.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or other related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of project engineer experience or other construction related trade experience is desirable.
- Ability to communicate well in English both written and verbally.
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer and company communication tools, such as email, Internet, and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
- Knowledge and experience in the use of project management and scheduling software. Experience in the use of Procore and Textura a plus.