Submit your resume
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary duties of this position are to work independently to design, develop and write CNC programs, to design tooling and fixtures for the CNC machines, and to administratively determine related machining/manufacturing policies and procedures.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Design, develop, document, analyze, write and test CNC programs to manufacture quality parts on schedule for a minimum cost
• Interface with customers to resolve problems, make clarifications or make modifications to blueprint and/or other customer supplied data
• Design and engineer tooling for CNC lathes, mills and 5-axis production
• Interact and consult with machinists and address programming and engineering concerns and problems
• Design, develop, document, analyze, write and test program modifications that will enhance quality and product flow
• Interact with inspection personnel to ensure 1st article parts meet customer tolerances and drawing requirements
• Determine tooling, set-up, inspection and gage procedures and sketches
• Interpret and apply engineering drawings, specifications, sketches and other documentation
• On a limited basis, design and produce CAD drawings for immediate manufacturing needs
• Determine procedures for and assist in various aspects of documentation, including 3-D modeling and various manufacturing processes.
• Analyze and interpret data and make related management reports and decisions which may include Value Stream Mapping, etc.
• Analyze and interpret CAD sketches to delineate product at various operational levels.
• Utilize creative thinking, exercising discretion and independent judgment and effective problem solving for job related issues and continuous improvement opportunities.
• Comply with policy and procedure requirements of company Correctly use shop mathematics.
• Use safe practices and work to maintain a safe working environment
• Good housekeeping of work area
• Analyze & interpret the data on the customer blueprints to determine the best way to proceed with required programming and engineering to reach the desired outcomes. Use your discretion and judgment how to receive the optimal results that the customer is looking for in our manufacturing and/or inspection of their parts.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proficiency in NX version 11 or higher preferred.
• Experience in aerospace industry preferred but not required.
• Ability to understand and follow company quality system requirements.
• Ability and knowledge to meet company job requirements and customer requirements.
• Speak, comprehend, write and read English to meet requirements of job.
• Knowledge to read and interpret blue prints, sketches, drawings, configuration and all documents to meet requirements of company and customers.
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills and abilities.
• Professional interaction with co-workers and any other representative (external or otherwise)
• Ability to think and act analytically and independently, with exceptional attention to detail and ability to solve practical job-related problems.
• Use good judgment.
• Computer literate.
• Engineering and manufacturing process knowledge to meet requirements of job.
EDUCATION: A Bachelors Degree in Engineering is recommended from an accredited college or university. Experience may be substituted for degree. Minimum three years 5-axis programming experience in manufacturing environment. NX/Unigraphics, CAD CAM proficiency required. Prior experience in lean manufacturing techniques a plus.