Submit your resume
The CNC Machinist is responsible to operate CNC mills and lathes to cut and process production parts. Machinists are responsible to load the machines, set up and operate mills and lathes, and write basic edits at the machine.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up and operate all CNC machines.
- Write basic programs at the machines.
- Proof all programs, make edits as required.
- Performs visual, dimensional, and mechanical inspections of all tool and dies as required.
- Operate multiple machines when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned to help team meet its goals.
Experience and Education
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years in set-up and operation of manual and CNC machines.
- Computer skills to load programs; ability to edit computer programs.
- Working knowledge of blueprints and measuring devices.
- Working knowledge of all measuring devices including micrometers and calipers.
- Ability to edit programs at the machine.
- Ability to change out tools and reset offsets.
- Ability to use various types of hand tools, grinders, and drills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate multiple machines when appropriate.
- Highly skilled in shop math.
- Ability to write notes, instructions, and other written communication items.
- Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Stand for periods of two to three hours at a time.
- Repeat the same movements.
- Bend, twist, or stoop to load parts into the machine.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs comfortably.