Submit your resume
The CNC Machining Floor Lead is the company's expert Machinist. This individual is proficient in, and hands on with all facets of CNC machining. Experience in mentoring and leading a team of machinists to continual growth in our company's machining capabilities is required of this position. This individual should be extremely competent, confident, and experienced in managing, planning, and leading. Directing a well-disciplined, process controlled, data driven, profitable, on time, clean and professional manufacturing team and facility are key aspects of this position. Advanced skills in CNC turning and milling are required / 5 axis experience is a plus.
The floor lead will manage and grow the manufacturing team, foster continual improvement, and facilitate the company's growth into new industries and capabilities consistent with the corporate vision.
Specific functions include, but are not limited to:
- Building quality in utilizing, maintaining, and improving AS9100 D compliant processes
- Require and own a high standard for safety
- Mentor and train all teammates to improve their machining capabilities by providing technical support
- Analyze drawings, schematics, engineering notes, and/or sample parts to determine product dimensions, specifications, tolerances as well as best method and sequence of operations needed to fabricate parts
- Work with production team to optimize fixturing, cutting, and/or machining tool selection, speeds and feeds, as well as process to take advantage of the latest technology and achieve the highest production rates.
- Be able to advise on DFM, design for manufacturability, and work with design engineering to meet cost and performance expectations
- Maintain a clean, professional, 5S production floor
- Provide labor estimates for quoting
- Industry awareness of new technologies and machining processes
- 5 years minimum aerospace manufacturing experience.
- Self-starter, Strong motivation, and results-oriented attitude
- Appropriate personality for leading and mentoring.
- Ability to anticipate/identify/analyze bottlenecks and workarounds through experience,
- Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities under demanding circumstances
- Ability and drive to learn and apply new technologies and processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert Level of drawing interpretation and machining related math skills
- GD&T experience and comprehension
- Proficient in Mastercam programming from SolidWorks drawings
- Proficient in CNC machine setup, adjustments, inspection, and operation for Turning and Machining.
- 5 axis mill experience is a plus
- Proficient in tool making and fixturing
- Proficient in Fanuc / Okuma Controls
- Manual machining experience
- Prototyping experience desirable
- Familiar with ISO, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Continuous Improvement methods
- Understanding of AS9100, SPC/SQC
- 10+ years' experience in CNC precision machining manufacturing
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a CNC machining leadership role requiring supervisory responsibilities