Submit your resume
"*" indicates required fields
Civil Engineer l, ll, or lll
(open to various experience levels)
Compensation: $83,760 – $101,388
Annual Salary Increases
Seeking professional individuals across entry, mid, and advanced levels for Civil Engineering roles within a dynamic public works environment. These positions will play an integral role in supporting the construction and development of public infrastructure projects. Successful candidates will engage in land surveying, conduct meticulous field inspections, and ensure plan compliance with engineering standards. They will apply their skills in designing and drafting complex projects, providing pivotal assistance and information to stakeholders.
Entry-Level Engineer As the initial step into the engineering profession, this role focuses on the foundational aspects of public works construction. The incumbent will perform standard field inspections and plan reviews. With this role serving as a training ground, limited work experience is acceptable. Progression to a higher level is contingent upon mastering key areas of design, surveying, construction inspection, and taking on project leadership tasks.
Mid-Level Engineer This role represents the full journey level within the engineering profession, encompassing a comprehensive range of duties such as design, surveying, and leading construction inspections. Candidates at this level should operate with minimal guidance, exhibiting a firm grasp of the operational procedures and policies.
Senior Engineer At this advanced level, the role involves a heightened level of responsibility and the management of complex engineering projects. The Senior Engineer will handle the most challenging tasks, requiring a thorough understanding of all aspects related to their area of responsibility.
(The following tasks are typical for positions in this classification. Any single position may not perform all these tasks and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here)
- Oversee public works construction projects to ensure adherence to engineering standards, including verifying grades, slopes, and the integrity of roads and utilities.
- Utilize current technology and software to design and draft intricate capital improvement projects, accurately forecasting costs and material needs.
- Develop and manage project documentation, including bid and contract documents, technical specifications, and engineering drawings.
- Coordinate project-related activities, liaising with contractors, utility companies, public agencies, and internal departments.
- Conduct land surveying tasks, ensuring precise layout and data collection for construction improvements.
- Review engineering plans and reports for compliance with construction standards, recommending necessary specification alterations for council approval.
- Manage aspects of pavement and stormwater systems, including inspections, maintenance program development, and compliance with NPDES permits.
- Address inquiries from contractors, professionals, and the public, providing essential information and facilitating permit issuance.
If you’re interested in learning more about this role, I will send over a more detailed job description containing the responsibilities commensurate with your experience level.