Submit your resume
- Create, place and manage purchase orders, communicating and changes or updates on delivery to production.
- Purchase for MRP, NPI and requisition requests.
- Manage and prioritize workload independently on a daily and weekly basis.
- Begins initial set up of a new vendor. Including acquiring vendor certifications and surveys to analyze supplier qualifications.
- Leads negotiation of their commodities to achieve lower cost, while keeping risk low.
- Determines fair pricing by using previous company purchases and obtaining multiple quotes.
- Perform ongoing supplier management to ensure contract terms, conditions and performance of vendors are compliant.
- Develop and manage key relationships with vendors to ensure company success.
- Works with internal clients to resolve supplier-related business issues
- Is a trusted advisor to our Engineering and Sales team
- Is required to resolve non-conformances of their assigned commodities with the vendor.
- Manage and strive to reduce obsolescence.
- Processes orders for simple outplant processes/services. Including managing schedule, transportation and flow of products in and out of company inventory with employees and Vendor.
- Conduct inventory analysis for excess and obsolete materials.
- Follows procedures as established in quality manual
- Other various duties as assigned
- BS in Business or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5years in production buying in electronic or high-tech manufacturing industry preferred, supplier development experience
- PCB buying experience
- Understanding of PCB manufacturing processes
- Experience working with vendors domestically and overseas preferred
- PC literate with experience in MS Office Suite, working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems and database programs
- Proven successful negotiation skills
- Ability to solve difficult problems to ensure business and financial issues result in sound decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain good working relationships with vendors and internal customers and colleagues
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal/written communication with management, co-workers, business clients, and suppliers both in person and over the telephone – required 80% of the time