Submit your resume
This position is for a fully competent design engineer in any of the following conventional aspects of land development engineering, including hydraulics, hydrology, storm drain, sewer, street design, grading plans and Hydrology / WQMP plans and documents. Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques to assigned projects.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered and assists in developing solutions to unusual or complex design requirements
- Provides assistance to project managers in preparing current status information for internal reporting and for keeping clients informed on progress.
- Keeps abreast of new methods and developments affection his particular area of expertise.
- May coordinate the work of drafters and others who assist in specific assignments.
- Experienced in the operation of AutoCAD and Civil 3D
OTHER RELATED DUTIES AS DEEMED NECESSARY
Education: a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college is a plus.
Licensure: Preference will be given to candidates with a CA P.E. or E.I.T. who are taking steps to prepare for the R.C.E. examination.
Experience: At least 3 years of experience in all aspects of design for residential / commercial land development projects. Has developed good working knowledge of several computerized design and drafting techniques.
Required Skills: Has developed effective interpersonal skills and can communicate clearly both in writing and verbal. Demonstrates an awareness of the importance of working within the constraints of established budgets and schedules.
Equipment and Machines: Good working knowledge of computer applications related to engineering design and drafting.