Our client is consolidating its rapidly growing energy market into a single Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) team. Team members will work closely with management from the early stages of sales through project completion as part of an integrated design build team driving high quality, efficient and quickly delivered renewable energy and distributed generation projects across North America. The energy future is now, and we are building it.
Summary of Position:
As the Civil Estimator, you will be responsible for preparation of all levels of estimates and proposals that are required to support the engineering and design-build construction projects. You will conduct take-offs, prepare and present labor & material estimates, solicit equipment pricing, and prepare and issue bid packages for cutting edge distributed and utility generation projects across north America. These projects may include battery storage, EV Charging, generators, hydrogen fueling and any combination thereof in microgrid applications.
- Prepare client RFP response package for management approval.
- Assemble material and labor costs for proposals for construction projects utilizing cost estimating software and drawing take-offs.
- Responsible for the accuracy and validity of estimate clarifications and assumptions.
- Analyze and insert specialty and standard equipment and material pricing into the estimate.
- Conduct subcontractor solicitation and pre-qualification tasks.
- Evaluate and condition subcontractor and supplier quotes.
- Research cost history and update data base(s).
- Incorporate feedback from existing and new projects to keep cost database up to date.
- Provide preliminary pricing for indirect and general conditions.
- Review commercial terms and conditions for cost and risk items and present concerns.
- Conduct project site visits with construction management personnel and EPC contractors.
- Analyze and price value engineering for submission.
- Assist in developing project summary schedules.
- Review plans and specifications for risk issues and propose a migration strategy.
- Conduct small and disadvantaged business solicitation and evaluation.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- A minimum of 5 years of direct project estimating experience.
- In depth knowledge of the construction market, estimating techniques, engineered drawings, cost control, and scheduling of equipment procurement and construction of projects.
- Experience with distributed energy project (Battery, Generator, Solar, EV Charging, etc.)
- Ability to work independently or in groups, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, ProCore, RSMeans or similar cost estimating software.
- American Society of Professional Estimators (ASPE) certification a plus.
- Travel up to 20%
- Ability to lift up to 10lbs.
- Must be able to access and navigate job sites and construction areas.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.