The EPC Project Design - Civil is responsible for designing energy market related projects under the guidance of the EPC Civil Project Engineer. He/she will apply his/her experience in the preparation of civil construction documents for cutting edge distributed and utility generation projects across north America. These projects may include stationary battery storage, solar, combined heat and power, generators, electric vehicle charging, hydrogen fueling, fuel cells and any combination thereof in microgrid applications.
As part of a multi-disciplined engineering, procurement and construction team, he/she will be coordinating with on staff and/or outsourced electrical engineers, geotechnical engineers, mechanical engineers, structural engineers, contractors, and construction project managers. He/she will be responsible for the production and quality of civil engineering construction documents while adhering to client requirements, code requirements and project schedules.
- Design conceptual and detailed civil site plan, grading plans, erosion control plan, civil details, roadway design and details, project specifications and similar construction documents.
- Conduct site feasibility research and site visit investigations, including city/town code, permitting and entitlement research.
- Coordination with underground utility locators, geotechnical, land survey, landscaping and other consultants for a complete civil drawing package.
- Assist in coordinating the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design development and contract document phases of a project.
- Assist in the permitting / entitlement preparation and filing and approvals
- Assist in the preparation of WQMP, SWPP plans and reports
- Coordinate and assist with addendums, RFIs, City plan check corrections, and change orders.
- Evaluate and suggest opportunities for process, design and team improvement in the delivery of the projects.
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamentals of civil design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of codes.
- Coordinate with other disciplines / sub-consultants and Clients as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Experience: 5+ years of site/civil production, preferably with commercial and energy projects
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering required
- Licenses: E.I.T. preferred, P.E. in Civil Engineering a plus
- Demonstrate a practical and functional knowledge of national and municipal codes
- Software: AutoCAD and MS Office required; Civil3D, TR-20, TR-55, HEC-1, HydroCAD, Hydraflow, HEC-RAS, WaterCAD, and other design software a plus